Apply: The Use of Contracts to Protect Property Rights
Read (Attached Word Document) the Summary of the Wrench LLC v. Taco Bell Corporation case It is suggested that you also research and read the full court opinion, to aid your understanding of the legal issues presented.
Read (Attached Word Document) the WHAT IS EXPRESS AND IMPLIED-IN-FACT CONTRACT AND QUASI CONTRACT
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper using Microsoft Word. Address the following questions:
- 1.) What type of intellectual property was at issue in this case? Were these ideas entitled to protection under the law?
- 2.) Explain the difference between an implied-in-law (quasi contract) and an implied-in-fact contract. (READ ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR DEFINITIONS) What type of contract was at issue in this case?
- 3.) Explain what the parties could have done differently to protect their rights and avoid this dispute.
- 4.) Explain how a properly written contract could have been utilized for the licensing and use of the intellectual property to prevent the issue, and provide terms you would recommend being included in such a contract.
- 5.) Identify and explain each of the elements that would have been necessary to form a valid contract.
Use APA format. Include in-text citations and include a reference page.