1) Problem definition… what is the issue, who does it affect (e.g. Global North vs. Global South), and why is it a problem?
2) Who are the stakeholders?
3) Major debates/issues…what are some of the most widely held views/position
4) What are some of the solutions to address the problem (also, what are some solutions that might NOT be a solution)? What are governments and NGOs doing? Are existing businesses part of the solution or the problem? How might the solution fail? What stands in the way of this solution?
5) How might this be an opportunity for businesses or what firms are pursuing this or how would the industry need to adapt?
Within the topic you are free to focus on any angle you find particularly interesting and emphasize how it impacts the future of our world; you are encouraged to provide the main relevant perspectives about that angle and not just their own personal opinion. You are expected to support your assertions by clearly citing their sources and by referring to core course concepts.
A good project will incorporate a minimum of 20 cited sources (this is a general guideline and I expect you to research this issue extensively).
Learnings from Yuval Noah Harari’s: “Sapiens” A brief history of humankind should be used and referenced.
A fair amount of analysis should also be linked to the “Anthropocene” as it describes the epoch during which humans have had the most impact on the earth’s geology.