Answer the following 4 Critical Thinking Skills (Summary, Analyze, Synthesize and evaluate) to complete complete each of the 3 topics: Romanesque style, Gothic style, Art in Italy. (at least 1 page for each topic). No citation is needed.
I. Summarize – to determine the important ideas, information, influences, diversity, conditions, etc.
1. Decide the main idea/main points of your topic/subject and state the purpose
2. Start with brief topic information (cultural framework) that includes the title of the work or idea, the author/artist/creator, originator, the style, the diversity. You are required to use textbook page number citation in this Summary section.
II. Analyze – to examine (study) in great detail in order to understand it better or for discovery
1. Consider main idea. Break down the components — major events, art, music, literature, religion, philosophy, architecture, influential person, (culture, or traditions) and examine them in great detail in order to understand the main idea better or discover more about the information. You are required to add a textbook page number in your citation.
2. Humanities engages us with primary sources provide an analysis of the facts, quotes, reasons, examples and use page numbers. Consider culture, traditions, and values.
o Text: Literary (poetry stories, novels, etc), Visual (art, architecture, sculpture, etc.), Aural (music),
o Context: (time, place, circumstance)
o Subtext: (underlying, hidden agendas) Examples: war, starvation, honeymoon, etc
These include the specific details who, what, when, where, why, and how related to your topic.
III. Synthesize to combine different ideas, information, diversity, or influences into a new whole or new combination of components.
1. Have an overview of the topic, then make a useful connection to the information based on your prior and new knowledge
2. Convey (express, state) a combination, relevancy, or connections) in relation to the past, present, and future of cultures, diversity, values, and traditions. How have both changed and continuity affected human history?
IV. Evaluate to examine in order to judge value, quality, importance, extent or condition.
1. Determine the benefit to you, your culture, or your tradition
2. Conclude with a judgement of the value of your topic with your personal comments and connections can you make from the information culture, traditions, the arts in this chapter to the world today and/or to your personal life? You may include what you learned new about this topic or the significance of this topic today.
So, the layout should be:
File for each topic is attached below: