Case Study Opinion SeaWorld V. Perez
Analyze the case of SeaWorld of Florida v. Perez, 2014 U.S. App. LEXIS 6660 (D.C. Cir.) (Attached). Including the opinion of Judge Rodgers as well as the dissenting opinion of Judge (now-Supreme Court Justice) Brett Kavanaugh.
Write a case study review of Judge Kellys opinion that answers the questions below. Support your review with analysis and evidence from the unit reading and outside sources.
Follow the guidelines below:
1. What are the legal issues enforced by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and presented in this case?
2. How did the plaintiff establish a valid violation under the General Duty Clause of the OSH Act?
3. Explain how the elements of a valid claim were satisfied under the OSH Act.
4. How does OSHA enforce workplace safety and health standards?
5. Do you agree with the courts decision?
6. Should or could SeaWorld have done more to abate the hazard? Support your position.
Guidelines to the Case Study:
a. The essay should begin with an introduction to the topic.
b. Organization should be logical, clear, and appropriate.
c. You should provide strong evidence of critical thinking.
d. Essay should end with a conclusion statement to support your essay.
** The format of the submission should be in essay format using subheadings.
** Need three (3) peer-reviewed, academic sources other than book source attached no more than 5 years old minimum**
** The Essay should be 3 Full pages minimum not including Title page and Reference page**
** Book Source: Walsh, D. J. (2019). Employment law for human resource practice [VitalSource Bookshelf version] (6th ed.). Retrieved from https://online.vitalsource.com/#/books/9781337670685