1. When was this article written?
2. Why did Baldwin think the neighborhood had changed?
3. What were the emerging politics of the time?
4. What did he mean when he wrote, Such frustration, so long endured, is driving many strong, admirable men and women whose only crime is color to the very gates of paranoia?
5. How does Baldwin compare Black and White Poverty?
6. Why did he see public housing as an insult?
7. What were Baldwins views of the police and the policemen?
8. What did he mean by going downtown?
9. What were the differences, according to Baldwin, between Northern and Southern Whites views on race?