1. How can coaches and mentors help teachers discern between fads and innovations in education? What type of social climate is required for coaches and mentors to model educational innovations successfully? Explain.
2. As you reflect on this course and the ideas presented (tools for changing mindset, integrating collaboration with coaching and mentoring, organizational climate, follwership, supporting the leader, and trends and issues in coaching, mentoring, and collaboration), what are the most significant sociocultural considerations involved in implementing these ideas? Is it possible to implement these ideas in a compliant culture, or is an engaged culture always required for these ideas to be successfully implemented?
1. Hasan, A., Burhan, O., & Douglas, C. (2017). Meeting the challenges of curriculum and instruction in school settings in the United States. Journal of Social Studies Education Research, 8(3), 76-92.
2. Dorner, H., & Kumar, S. (2016). Online collaborative mentoring for technology integration in pre-service teacher education. Techtrends: Linking Research & Practice to Improve Learning, 60(1), 48-55. doi:10.1007/s11528-015-0016-1
3. Kostaris, C., Sergis, S., Sampson, D., Giannakos, M., & Pelliccione, L. L. (2017). Investigating the potential of the flipped classroom model in K-12 ICT teaching and learning: An action research study. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 20(1), 261-273.